1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour – A Half or Full Day Ngamba Island Sanctuary Trip – Feed The Island Chimps – Ngamba Island, Chimpanzee sanctuary has the purpose of providing a safe haven for Chimps
The 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee is one popular 1-day tour from Kampala or Entebbe. It offers furthermore better opportunities to see Chimpanzees in Uganda with No Age Limit. Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary is located on Lake Victoria; 23 kilometers from the shores in Entebbe and has over 40 Chimpanzees. This Chimpanzee sanctuary has the purpose of providing a safe haven for Chimps. Currently, in addition, over 40 Chimpanzees are on this small Island and it measures about 100 acres and much of this Island is covered by a rainforest. To support the Chimpanzees and other wildlife, say the birds, butterflies.
Early morning after having Breakfast; the driver guide will pick you from the hotel at 8.00am for the morning session. And at 12.00pm for the afternoon session. Then drive to Entebbe. Its Meanwhile 45 – 1 hour’s drive to Entebbe. Then at around 9.00 am, Board a speedboat or Motorised Canoe that cruises for 45 minutes inside Lake Victoria connecting to Ngamba Island.
On reaching the shores, head to the Visitor’s Centre for the introductory Information of the project, Historical Facts and a brief of 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour and educational talk by the sanctuary staff. Then go ahead and testify the feeding of the Chimpanzees either a morning feed of 11:00 am or the afternoon feed at 2:30 pm. You will also have an opportunity to feed of the chimpanzees from the visitor’s raised platform area along the edge of the sanctuary fence.
Then you will get lunch at the Sanctuary and the you will have a choices, either to visit the neighboring fishing village, or go bird watching and encounter other wildlife, or join activities such as volleyball, swimming at the lake, kayaking, and Island Shopping, or just sunbathe and relax before returning back to the mainland.
As a matter of fact, it’s an adventure and a learning experience. Then get back to the speed boat at 5:00 pm to get to Entebbe mainland to find your driver. Then return to Kampala.
End of your 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour Package
The 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Day Trip Highlights
- Get to go, see and interact with the Chimpanzees to care and conserve for the chimps
- Visit the island chimps, feeding times and supplement on what they eat from the forest.
- There are two feeding times a day, the morning session at 11.00am and the afternoon session at 2:30 pm.
- This tour in Uganda that has no age restrictions so it’s a wonderful adventure for families with kids
Extra activities of 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour on request:
- Swimming on the equator
- Viewing a neighboring fishing village
- Bird watching,
- Other wildlife encounters,
- Just sunbathes and relaxes.
The 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour visit package includes:
- Return transfers by speedboat to and from Ngamba
- Chimpanzee Viewings
- Entry fees
- Transport (car, fuel, and driver)
- And lunch (for morning session only)
Excludes of 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee are, Tips, Luxury drinks, All personal expenditures
Notes Effective to the 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour:
- If you have an evening flight, do something exciting for your last day. Of course, the morning half day of 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee tour to the Island Sanctuary.
- Therefore, the afternoon options for visitors that would like to go later.
- As a matter of fact, the boat leaves Entebbe for Ngamba Island at 10:30 am and sets off at 5:00 pm for the mainland.
- Visitors do not carry packed lunch; Lunch and drinks are at the island
- Late than 5:00 pm, you will have to make an Over Night
- In addition, the life jackets and rain suits are provided for all who board the boat.