1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour – A Half or Full Day Ngamba Island Sanctuary Trip – Feed The Island Chimps – Ngamba Island
The 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee is one popular 1-day tour from Kampala or Entebbe. It offers furthermore better opportunities to see Chimpanzees in Uganda with No Age Limit. Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary is located on Lake Victoria; 23 kilometers from the shores in Entebbe and has over 40 Chimpanzees. This Chimpanzee sanctuary has the purpose of providing a safe haven for Chimps. Currently, in addition, over 40 Chimpanzees are on this small Island and it measures about 100 acres and much of this Island is covered by a rainforest. To support the Chimpanzees and other wildlife, say the birds, butterflies.
Early morning after having Breakfast; the driver guide will pick you from the hotel at 8.00am for the morning session. And at 12.00pm for the afternoon session, He briefs you at your 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour afterwards, drive to Entebbe. Its Meanwhile 45 minutes to an hour’s drive to Entebbe. Then at around 9.00 am, Board a speedboat that cruises for 45 minutes inside Lake Victoria connecting to Ngamba Island.
On reaching the shores, have a welcome quick drink at the island; Afterwards, head to the Visitor’s Centre for the introductory Information of the project, Historical Facts; also the island residents and enlightened various activities and a brief about your 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour.
You will receive and hear an informative and educational talk by the sanctuary staff and you will view and testify the 2 feedings of the Chimpanzees either a morning feed of 11:00 am or afternoon feed at 2:30 pm and you have an opportunity to feed of the chimpanzees from the visitor’s raised platform area along the edge of the sanctuary fence.
Later on with the program, lunch is at the Sanctuary and still the Island staff are to prepare it; therefore you may choose to visit the neighboring fishing village, bird life watching, other wildlife encounters, or join activities such as volleyball, swimming at the lake, kayaking, and Island Shopping or just sunbathe and relax before returning
As a matter of fact, it’s an adventure and a learning experience. Then get back to the speed boat at 5:00 pm to get to the Entebbe mainland shores to find your driver. Return to Kampala.
End of your 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour Package
The 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Day Trip Highlights
- Get to go, see and interact with the Chimpanzees to care and conserve for the chimps
- Visit the island chimps, feeding times and supplement on what they eat from the forest.
- There are two feeding times a day, the morning session at 11.00am and the afternoon session at 2:30 pm.
- This tour in Uganda that has no age restrictions so it’s a wonderful adventure for families with kids
Extra activities of 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour on request:
- Swimming on the equator
- Viewing a neighboring fishing village
- Bird watching,
- Other wildlife encounters,
- Just sunbathes and relaxes.
The 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour visit package includes:
- Return transfers by speedboat to and from Ngamba
- Chimpanzee Viewings
- Entry fees
- Transport (car, fuel, and driver)
- And lunch (for morning session only)
Excludes of 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee are, Tips, Luxury drinks, All personal expenditures
Notes Effective to the 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Tour:
- If you have an evening flight, do something exciting for your last day. Of course, the morning half day of 1 Day Ngamba Island Chimpanzee tour to the Island Sanctuary.
- Therefore, the afternoon options for visitors that would like to go later.
- As a matter of fact, the boat leaves Entebbe for Ngamba Island at 10:30 am and sets off at 5:00 pm for the mainland.
- Visitors do not carry packed lunch; Lunch and drinks are at the island
- Late than 5:00 pm, you will have to make an Over Night
- In addition, the life jackets and rain suits are provided for all who board the boat.